The lawyers tell me I need something like this. In a nutshell, it boils down to "Be Responsible. Have Fun. Help others have fun."
Personally Identifiable Information. This site only has access to personally identifiable information that you provide via the contact form on the Contact page or by submitting a comment on the blog. Your personally identifiable information is not sold, rented, or otherwise distributed to anyone, except as required to fulfill your request (such as signing up for the email newsletter), for spam blocking (see http://mollom.com/web-service-privacy-policy), or when compelled by law.
Your Access to and Control Over Information. You may opt out of any future contact at any time. You can do so at any time by contacting me via the contact form on the contact page or following the directions in any of my email newsletters.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) from this site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
Some sections of this website are available under additional license terms, which shall amend this license where specified.
- You retain copyright to any comments you post. You agree to not post any content that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, harmful or otherwise objectionable; that violates the legal rights of others or that could damage a computer (e.g. viruses); advertising; promotes an illegal act; or reveals any personal information about yourself or anyone else. You hereby grant the site operators and their assignees a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, world-wide license to use your comments for any and all purposes in all languages. Site operator has absolute discretion as to what content is used, how it is managed, where it is posted, and may move or delete any content at any time. Site operator does not vet and is not responsible for any information that is posted in blog comments.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by site operator at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on this site are provided "as is." Site operators make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, site operators do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall site operators or their suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this site, even if site operators or their authorized representatives have been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Site operators do not warrant that any of the materials on this site are accurate, complete, or current. Site operators may make changes to the materials contained on this site at any time without notice. Site operators do not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Site operators have not reviewed all of the sites linked to from this site and are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by site operators of the linked site. Use of any such linked site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to this site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Effective April 1, 2012.